Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

kit carr
The "Bluestar" post got me thinking about those of us who will never be able to attend the reunion, as they have left us.

Sad though it is, I reckon it is appropriate to record and remember those who have passed away:

Gary Peterson
Peter (Hornby) Sole
Peter (fingers) Housego
Robert (Haggis) Crawford

please add others.

RIP

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Colin Davidson
Phil Campbell - Overlander Coaches

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

I don't know if we should add in names like George Tiers but what ever happened to Peter Sole? I had no idea.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Colin Davidson
Brian Powell ( BP)

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Mike McDermott
I didn't know either, Vicar.

I did a Russian Scandy with Fingers, and learnt of his death quite a while ago now.

Let's not forget Bob Newton; as I understand it, he was killed when his plane crashed while fighting bushfires in Victoria. Back in the days, he took me up for a flight in the world's oldest operational Tiger Moth, I think at Farnborough. It was still pretty sprightly; Bob put it - and me -through its paces. Did anyone else have that pleasure?

Mike

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

SIMON ARMS
Mike,

I took Bob's Mini 850 down to Lands End, got pulled up by the Police on the first day and asked if I was down on my luck.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Mike McDermott
;-). Sounds like Bob. I really can't say I remember that car, though; I don't have your prodigious memory for vehicles and routes (spell the last word differently, though, and I'm OK). However, when I read what you said a neuron flashed in what remains of my brain of a mini with a pale greeny / beigy colour.

That couldn't have been Bob's, could it?

Mike

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

kit carr
George Tiers went to the reunion in TUrangi, and said "make the next one in 5 years, I mightn't make 10". Sorry to see him go.

Peter Sole was diagnosed with cancer and died within a week.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Kit WTF! more details please about Peter Sole.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

kit carr
Peter rang me one day and asked about moving some stuff in Auckland for a conference. Everything was fine.

He rang me back a week later, and I asked how he was (polite stuff, no reason to ask). He said "That why I am ringing. The truth is I am not too good. I went to the doctor for a check up, and he sent me off for an X ray. The cancer was moving so fast it was almost a movie".

2 days later he died.

Sad stuff, but no drawn out health issues at least.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

How old was he? What year did he die? Where was the cancer? Did he leave a wife and children behind?

Kit, thanks for staring this thread. It brought back many memories I didn't know I stil had deep down. Fingers was such an easy guy to work with.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

kit carr
Vicar,

cant remember, cant remember, inside everywhere, wife- no children.

Re: Reunion-last post for those who cant attend

Colin Davidson
Leo Fahey