ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

It looks like we are all going to end up in hospital. I suggest we coordinate it so we are all at the same one. Maybe that is not fair on the nurses but as others reveal their stories and their injuries you'll learn what I am talking about.

We can also sit for about a week comparing the number and variation of jobs.

If you would care to edit some of your photos I have added some instructions on the "Pictures for You" page. I think some of yours ended up over size. Don't take that as any criticism, it is great that you have put those in place.

I didn't know that you too went on to work at Trek America or for that matter what you did before Sundowners.

You haven't said but are you doing Buckall in Blackall?

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Vicar
As you know there were no rules especially when it came to buying booze. The Rover was Blue wasn't?

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson
I was looking on the India Overland site and I saw the following topic:- Monk on the 'Magic bus'

I remember at a late stage in the Sundowners era, that there was a trip ex Kathmandu and it was all Monks except the road crew. I’m sure Ken Webber was the driver and Groucho the frustrated, irate courier after that trip.

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

marilynhanerstahl
Colin,
you mention Robo (John Rowe) in your blog.  Do you know his whereabouts now?  He was the courier on the trip I took from London to Katmandu in 1977.  He was from Perth as I recall.  Also Jim Allen?  He was the driver from Canberra.  That was the most amazing summer of my life and I would love to hear how these two are doing nowadays!

Thanks for anything that you can share!
Marilyn Haner (Stahl)
marilynstahl@hotmail.com

Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson
Marilyn,

The last time I saw either Robo or Jim was in 1978. As to their whereabouts, I can't help you on that one. Anyone who was lucky enough to have Robo as their  courier always had a memorable trip. I honestly don't know where Robo got all his energy from, always happy, nothing ever seemed to be a problem.

How long was your trip from London to Kathmandu? Do you remember the trip code etc etc. Maybe a group photo.

Colin

RE: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

marilynhanerstahl
Thanks for the response Colin!
I'll work on the photo issue.
I have three of them on my Facebook page, but no longer have the original
computer disk and don't know how to copy them from Facebook to Sundowners page.
Are you on Facebook?  If you are search for me - Marilyn Haner Stahl in front of the Great Pyramid.
Ask me to befriend you and you will then have access to the three photos.
One includes Robo and most of the group.
Yes, he had amazing energy!  As did Jim Allen.
Jim came to the states and visited a friend of mine in 1978 but I did not see him.
Lots more to say!
Again thanks so much for even the snippet of information!
Life changing days for sure!
Ciao,
Marilyn

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:23:15 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Marilyn,

The last time I saw either Robo or Jim was in 1978. As to their whereabouts, I can't help you on that one. Anyone who was lucky enough to have Robo as their  courier always had a memorable trip. I honestly don't know where Robo got all his energy from, always happy, nothing ever seemed to be a problem.

How long was your trip from London to Kathmandu? Do you remember the trip code etc etc. Maybe a group photo.

Colin

http://sundownersadventures.1053809.n5.nabble.com/ONCE-UP-ON-A-TIME-tp4526986p5023613.html
To unsubscribe from ONCE UP ON A TIME !!, click here.
NAML

FW: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

marilynhanerstahl
Colin,
Managed to get one photo attached here.
You'll see Robo in it!
Cheers,
Marilyn

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:20:59 -0800

AROUND_THE_WORLD Overlanders1977.jpg (7M) Download Attachment

RE: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

marilynhanerstahl
Here's a second one, but I'm not sure what it is!
If there are two women in it, I'm the short one with dark hair.
My friend, Peggy, is the blond.
Great memories!

Around_The_World_126.JPG (7M) Download Attachment

Re: FW: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

Colin Davidson
Marilyn
I have just posted the pic of the group in the PICTURES Section. If you want to post any pic's, you'll have to post them there and not in the Forum Section. I can post the other 2 for you if you like!!!

RE: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

marilynhanerstahl
Thanks Colin,
I have no idea how to do that, but I will attempt it.
I only have one more and I'll go ahead and attach it here.

What are you doing up?
Isn't it 8 hours difference there?
I know that as I have a friend in London at the moment!
It's 6:30 p.m.here making it 2:30 a.m. UK time!

Sweet dreams!
Marilyn

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:29:49 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: FW: ONCE UP ON A TIME !!

http://sundownersadventures.1053809.n5.nabble.com/ONCE-UP-ON-A-TIME-tp4526986p5024186.html
To unsubscribe from ONCE UP ON A TIME !!, click here.
NAML

Tibetan Refuge Camp Katmandu 1977.jpg (7M) Download Attachment