OLD PUNTERS

SIMON ARMS
Yesterday I received an email out of the blue from a punter from my last Pharoh P39 which left Kathmandu in May 1979. I only took them as far as Kabul, they overflew to Istanbul (refulling at Theran Airport) and  then English Mike and I drove back to London via Club Habitat.
Vicar I know you are going to love this, they have their own website www.p39ers.com and its worth a look.
The diary entries are interesting, I want to believe that these diaries were written as it happened so to speak but I fear some later recall may have been used. You can come unstuck doing that and in this case a passenger has us going Delhi to Amritsar and then Shrinagar but I am fairly certain we always went Deli/Jammu/Shrinagar/Jammu/Amritsar.
They are having a reunion on the long weekend in June this year (in a months time) and I will be able to check the facts first hand mind you it has been 35 years. The first thing I did was check the Taj photo to be sure I was on safe ground, as you do, taking the wife you see.
I have always believed there must be old punters out there and I have really enjoyed these photos, it gives a different slant on the role we played in their lives.

Re: OLD PUNTERS

Vicar
Thanks Simon it was great to visit her website. Might I say it does look quite good.I was hoping for more pics but a good read nonetheless.

Just by the way, I am not in competition with this website but provide it as a means of sharing. There is no money to be made in having this available (far from it) so anything or any other sites to revisit the old memories are gladly welcomed.

If anyone has any other links we should know about please post them for us.

Re: OLD PUNTERS

kit carr
Thanks for the P39ers link Simon.

It is amazing how many trips still have reunions, and keep in touch.

My first trip (I was a passenger) still has a reunion every 5 years.

The roadcrew must have done their job :-)

Re: OLD PUNTERS

Mike McDermott
Simon, the horn they have on that site is an insult to the Titanic!

Is nothing sacred?!?