Kees Van Yperen

 Darcy
 Sadly Kees passed away this morning after a long illness  Kees worked for Capricorn and Sundowners , he is Survived by his daughter Peta and four grandchildren and will be missed by many , at this stage I think there will be family only funeral service ,RIP OLD MATE.

Re: Kees Van Yperen

Colin Davidson
Sad news, RIP Kees.

Re: Kees Van Yperen

What a week 2 of our lads gone. Could someone check to see that I'm not on the list for next Friday. Like most of you I've got too much I want to get done.

Darcy I know for you it is that little bit tougher loosing him, you used to spend time with him and good on you for that.

Sydney and the world is that much poorer for their parting.

Re: Kees Van Yperen

Maurie Garton
Bye Kees RIP

Re: Kees Van Yperen

Michal Szkilnik
  As  punters on the last , I believe, Capricorn  west  east overland which left London Sep 1978  we are saddened by coming across this post. We often (with fellow travelers we are still in touch with reflect on Kees and that trip (Gregg Marks courier). He was always so calm and welcoming on what was an eventful and  dangerous trip, as it turned out. a couple of breakdowns, riots, broken windows and Kees calmly driving through Tehran  when even a tank turret pointed at him did not dissuade him from breaking the odd traffic rule as we hurried away toward the safety of Afghanistan!

Best wishes to Kees's friends and family should they review this post

Mike and Maureen Szkilnik (nee Kennedy)

Re: Kees Van Yperen

 Darcy
 Thanks Mike for your post, Kees is missed by many especially his family he had a wide circle of friends and  during my last visits with him he often mentioned his time on the road  and how he enjoyed the punters  and helping them enjoy their journey
Regards
Darcy