I Need Some Help

Yes I know some say I am beyond it.

Last night I was reminiscing with someone about the good old days and places in London. I recalled a pub we would go to on Thursday nights, I think it was.

Now for your help. Can you remember the name of the pub and where it was? A bit more information is they had a Aussie guy playing a piano and I believe his name was Colin something, may be Colin Cosh , Colin Hindmarsh or nothing like that at all. I recall he end up making a record which he sold at the pub. The place was always packed and to avoid damage, the beer glasses were made of plastic. Chances are it was in Kensington, possibly Kensington West. Was it "The Kensington?"

Re: I Need Some Help

I am onto it. Google research has located a picture of the man I was trying to find more on. His name is Colin Hindmarsh and I have posted a picture in the "Your Pictures" section. As I read, he has since died, in 1994 to be exact. The site did not mention the pub in London that I was trying to place. It mentioned one place but not in London. Does anyone recall if there was a pub back then called the Nashville? It could have been there but I am not too sure.

Re: I Need Some Help

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I Need Some Help

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I Need Some Help

Good work Shirley. I roughly read the word Nashville somewhere in one of the listings on Google. That had me thinking the name was familiar. What are my chances of finding the same place on Google Maps all these years later?

Re: I Need Some Help

Ronnie Bennett

Re: I Need Some Help

Vicar
Thanks for the link. I have read this before, unfortunately it did not say anything about his time in the pub which I think is agreed was the one in the Nashville Room.

Re: I Need Some Help

Jackie
Colin Hindmarch used to be knownas the mad Aussiand played at the Rising Sun Sudbury

Re: I Need Some Help

OK, Thanks. He obviously had a few gigs over the years.

Re: I Need Some Help

Maurie Garton
Hi Vicar I am sure I went there one night either with John Lyall or on his recomendation and watched Colin play. I think in the winter of 1981/1982.

Re: I Need Some Help

He was around for several years so you are probably on the money.

Re: I Need Some Help

Grant C
Hi , I’m an Aussie that used to live around the corner
from the Nashville rooms . Colin Hindmarsh played time
a full house every Wednesday night.
Complete with his water pistols.
Colin come to London as an entertainer
on a cruise ship .
Also saw the Stranglers there one night.
Wonderful memories of 76/77

Cheers Grant C. Adelaide SA

Re: I Need Some Help

Remember it well, plastic glasses to drink pints from. Where in Adelaide are you living? I'm at South Brighton.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Grant C [via sundownersadventures] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi , I’m an Aussie that used to live around the corner
from the Nashville rooms . Colin Hindmarsh played time
a full house every Wednesday night.
Complete with his water pistols.
Colin come to London as an entertainer
on a cruise ship .
Also saw the Stranglers there one night.
Wonderful memories of 76/77

Cheers Grant C. Adelaide SA

http://sundownersadventures.1053809.n5.nabble.com/I-Need-Some-Help-tp5706653p5707547.html
To start a new topic under sundownersadventures, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from sundownersadventures, click here.
NAML
Vicar