You Go

Vicar
Peter Lightfoot and I were on our overland trip to London when we stopped for 2 nights at a campground, in a country that I cannot mention its name. The campground had cabins and being cool at nights this was the logical accommodation. There were friendly greetings as we signed in at the front office and everyone was happy.
As we left the camp on the first morning one of the guys came to me and told me how the key to his cabin was cracked and he was in fear of it snapping. That afternoon when we arrived back, I took the key to the office to exchange it for a new one. The guy there said to keep on using it, it would be fine. I tried to tell him otherwise but he knew more than me.
The next day as we are leaving our passenger reported how indeed the key had snapped off in the lock. To do the right thing I told the guy behind the desk what had happened and mentioned the previous day’s conversation. The response was unbelievable, the office guy said that we would have to pay for a new key and a new lock, as the key was stuck in the lock. I suggested that this just might not be going to happen. Now he became insistent and demanded we were not going to leave until we paid some ridiculous amount for the damage.
Our conversation escalated with me saying we were leaving and see you later. He retaliated by saying he would now call the police. At that, I said I did not think he was a very nice person or something like that and I though his country was a piece of shite. Just as he pulled his fist back to brush a fly off my face Peter came in the door to see what the delay was, why this man had fire in his eyes and me in his sights. This was quite fortunate for me as I was 176 cm tall and about 80 Kgs, Peter was about the same height as me but probably weighed in at about 100 Kgs. Our man behind the desk, called Slavia, was about 190 cm tall and about 115 Kgs. Peter calmed the situation, we paid the ridiculous amount demanded and he told us never to come back again and to just go. As we left I said you’re a dead shite, rushed for the safety of the coach and said no, you go Slavia.

Surely I am not the only one who got into a spot of bother with the locals, am I?