Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

Grant Short
Who is whom? Where? When?

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

Mike McDermott

No fair, Grant. I was waiting for someone else to start, as I don't know many.

Back row: x, Radar, Barry Deacon (?), Dean, x,x, Grant, x,x and x.

Front Row: Syd McKinley, x, x, Rolf???, x but I knew him and may recall (an overland driver, a fellow ex-Capricorner maybe), and x.

As Syd's there, it must be (shudder) rugby. So that makes the "why?" question unanswerable. I guess that could be Tom Sawyer beside Dean; I'll ask him. And that could be Budgie in front of Grant.

OK, I got an F. But better an F than F-all.

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

Johnno McCabe
As for the When and Where question:
It was, I believe at the end of 78 at an inter tour company rugby "tournament" held at Wimbledon Rugby Club in very muddy conditions.  I remember we played a NAT team. There was also probably teams from Vikings, Transit, Autotours and Contiki.

It was a hastily arranged motley Sundowners crew as the picture suggests, many had not played rugby before so it wasn't for the rugby purists.  We did need a good hooker though Darcy, I recall. I think Barry has Turbo Tom between his legs and I believe Chop played as well. That's me in the front right hand side. Vicar has added some more names in the picture section.I may have another action photos from this day.
After the game we adjourned to the NZ London Rugby clubhouse for the traditional after game
celebrations/commiserations drinks I can't recall if we had a shower though. All the pre game training had been conducted at the Albany so that that could be the answer to the Why question.

Johnno

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

Grant Short
10 points..Yoiu have an excellent memory. I am having trouble putting names to faces as well.

Thought it might be something a trifle different.

Grant Short
[hidden email]
mob .0274 423 490
2TEN
Consultants

[...]

http://sundownersadventures.1053809.n5.nabble.com/Who-is-whom-Where-When-Why-tp5706876p5706880.html
To unsubscribe from Who is whom? Where? When? Why?, click here.
NAML

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

kit carr
Rover (Chris Boal) 3rd from right, front row
Merv lapwood, between Rover and Johnno

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

kit carr
Ross Ruff,
Tom Sawyer, Greg Marks in the back right side

Re: Who is whom? Where? When? Why?

Lee Eccleston
x,Radar,Barry Deacon,Dean,Graeme Nicholl,Ross Ruff,Grant,x,Bruce Driscoll
Tom Sawyer ,Barney and I were on an overland at that time
Rocky