Touring Without Punters

Re: Touring Without Punters

Vicar
Your creation of Kathmandu to Kandahar to Karachi to Kabul cuts across the crafty characters creating a cachet cornucopia of cloudy conjecture of chaos and convoluted controversy concerning coverage connected to the cavalcade of coaches on the course or corridor to clear the country.

Given the calibre of the capable cast and crew to culminate their collective comments could give credence, certify or contradict claims made by chaps in conversation, perhaps in cahoots, but calmly claiming conspiracies.

Canvassing anyone to come forward and crystallize my concerns.

Re: Touring Without Punters

kit carr
you shouldn't take alliteration too alliterally

Re: Touring Without Punters

kit carr
................and you missed ............cleavage.

It should have found a place somewhere, other than the front of the bus

Re: Touring Without Punters

SIMON ARMS
Col,
Your money is looking safer by the minute.

Re: Touring Without Punters

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Touring Without Punters

Chop
I'm on the case, will dig out old Passports and my travel logs this evening, stay posted

Re: Touring Without Punters

Chop
SOORRY VICAR we didn't go through Afghanistan. We left London in "Justine" on 03/09/1979 and arrived in Kathmandu on 30/09/1979. It was QW27A, with 8 punters (4 Aussies, 2 Columbians,{Drug Cartel no doubt} 1 Brit, 1 Jap plus you and i)
I'm afraid we took the southern route through Iran and Pakistan, after leaving Turkey, nights 11 to 18 were spent in Marand, Hamadan, Isfahan, Isfahan,Kerman, Zahedan then slept on the Irani/Paki border on night 17 and then Dalbandin (capital of Balushistan) on night 18. Hey guys google Dalbandin to see what a charming little place it is.
On the return journey we left Kathmandu on the 10/10/1979 and arrived in London on 20/10/1979.
we also took the southern route, nights 29 to 387were spent in charming Dalbandin, a little story here, do you remember getting bogged in the fleapit of a hotel called the P.W.D. Resthouse and it took us 5 hours to dig Justine out. Punters comment in the Log Book "And so as we arrived in Dalbandin, Vicar said to Chop 'what are we going to do for entertainment with only one cay shop and one apple stall here?' I know - we'll bog the bus and they can spend 5 hours digging it out!!"
My day 30 log book comment in large coloured texta pens "Justine, Vicar + Chop wish to thank all the Diggers for their efforts last night, and after last nights entertainment, we shall depart late at 4.30am under the stars and attack the bumpy roads across the desert to the Paki/Iranian border. We shall have a breakfast cay stop at Nok Kundi, the only township during the 300km drive.
I expect about a 4 hour delay for the border crossing as I quote from a Pakistani border guard "Only madmen and fools come through this border".
Once thru the border we have 85kms on a dirt road to Zahedan. HOTEL Hotel Kaveer, Bed and Breakfast accommodation - rather grotty.
Then the other nights in Iran were Kerman, Shiraz(i like spelling it that way), Isfahan x 3, Hamadan, Maku and than night 38 in Erzincan Trukey HOTEL Otel Urarti, Bed and Breakfast accommodation,quite a good hotel, good restaurant and bar. I think we had a few Efes this night Vicar.
Another note, somehow we had two nights at Club Habitat Kirchberg on a flyer = 3 nights on the way back - none of which were on the itinerary (don't tell Kit)

Re: Touring Without Punters

Vicar
Thank you Chop, you story is more credible than mine, only I have no idea what the stamps in my passport are all about.

Sometimes through your account I thought I was great especially when we went from Kathmandu to London between 10/10/79 to 20/10/79, that is quick in anyone's language, unless we caught a flight. Next I really thought my true colours shone through when we spent time in Dalbandin from night 29 to 387. That must have been when I had difficulties getting the coach out of first gear.

Given these few exceptions it does cut holes in my story. Colin will be happy with the money he stands to collect.

Re: Touring Without Punters

kit carr
I talked to Plough today.

He says that he was in Kabul after I left.

So far he shuts the gate

Re: Touring Without Punters

Tom Sawyer
I also spoke to Plough on Thursday night and he did come through after us.
We must have only opened the gate or at least left it ajar.
I must say its got boys into a conversation; ah memories!!
12