Time To Make A Start

Come on guys and girls get those stories sent to this site for everyone to remember and enjoy. The Reunion weekend gave way to but a few interesting and funny memories, too good not to share.

Let me start by retelling a couple of quick quips heard at the Reunion.

Firstly; Simon Arms states that he used to be argumentative, oh really, could that be true? He has mellowed since then and is now very good company. Thanks Simon for our chats. I'll hand it over to you to tell the story associated with your arguing re the King's Head.

Secondly; I said to Rocky that up until last Friday night I could not place a face to the name Maurie Garton. As soon as I saw his face I immediately put the 2 together. Rocky commented that yes! He looks a bit older now and has gone a bit grey. Well bugger me, imagine that!!!!!!! In Rocky's defence he did say, could I ask the question again once he heard me laughing and realised what he had just said. I'll add in here that I thought it was terrible what people called Rocky on Saturday night, it nearly wrecked him (rectum), which would have been far more polite. Good on ya Rocky you took that banter well.

This is not written to offend or put anyone down only to let people share a funny moment or two. I am sure any stories written will be taken the right way. After all we all did some funny and dumb stuff but we are that little bit older and can laugh at ourselves, even me, I hope.

Re: Time To Make A Start

SIMON ARMS
In Rocky's situation it could be a case of "if the hole fits". Personally I have enjoyed Rocky's company and found him to be fun to be around...... clearly I don't know him that well.
I found the Reunion to be much more relaxed this time and the Greenmount was still a good place to meet, I am thinking of starting a "Surf Club" in Albury as they were a highlight of the weekend.
Many thanks to the organisers, a job well done.

Re: Time To Make A Start

Grant Short
A common comment of those attending of how privileged we were to have been involved in such a surreal life style before it was shut down by various conflicts. We all learned a lot about ourselves and shaped our future lives.

I would encourage everybody to put pen to paper, even if its for your children's children to know what grandad or grandma did or to also contribute stories so that they can be "published" in a tome as has previously been suggested.