Sundowners trip - stranded in Kathmandu Christmas 1971

Sundowners trip - stranded in Kathmandu Christmas 1971

Kay Rowan
I have just come across your site which reminded me of the overland trip I took in October 1971 -London to Kathmandu.  It was a memorable trip in lots of ways, especially when we were stranded in Nepal due to the Indian/Pakistan war. After some adventures long the way we finally arrived in Kathmandu after a hair raising dash from India.  We were booked into the new Blue Star hotel which hadn't been completed.  My trip was to be a shorter trip than the 72 day one, which left a little bit earlier, but in the end it didn't matter because  we were all stranded together.  Amongst the passengers on these two buses were -a Tibetan lion dog puppy and a mongoose named Rikki.  I must say that our driver Bill Boundy & his offsider Arthur looked after us very well in a difficult situation.
Kay Rowan

Re: Sundowners trip - stranded in Kathmandu Christmas 1971

Good to hear from you Kay. Bill Bounty is still a live and living in England, when we last knew about him. What was Arthur's last name? Someone might recall him that were around in that time frame.

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Kay Rowan [via sundownersadventures] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have just come across your site which reminded me of the overland trip I took in October 1971 -London to Kathmandu.  It was a memorable trip in lots of ways, especially when we were stranded in Nepal due to the Indian/Pakistan war. After some adventures long the way we finally arrived in Kathmandu after a hair raising dash from India.  We were booked into the new Blue Star hotel which hadn't been completed.  My trip was to be a shorter trip than the 72 day one, which left a little bit earlier, but in the end it didn't matter because  we were all stranded together.  Amongst the passengers on these two buses were -a Tibetan lion dog puppy and a mongoose named Rikki.  I must say that our driver Bill Boundy & his offsider Arthur looked after us very well in a difficult situation.
Kay Rowan

http://sundownersadventures.1053809.n5.nabble.com/Sundowners-trip-stranded-in-Kathmandu-Christmas-1971-tp5707118.html
To start a new topic under sundownersadventures, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from sundownersadventures, click here.
NAML

Re: Sundowners trip - stranded in Kathmandu Christmas 1971

Carol (Ogden) Laherty
Hello Kay. I was also on that trip from London to Kathmandu and stayed at the Blue Star Hotel. Would love to get in contact with you. My email is laherty@hotkey.net.au