Sundowners Syndrome

Mike McDermott
Just found this online.

http://sundownerfacts.com/sundowners-syndrome/

Something to look forward to:

"Sundowner’s Syndrome is the name given to an ailment that causes symptoms of confusion after “sundown.” These symptoms appear in people who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of dementia. Not all patients who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s exhibit Sundowner’s symptoms, however. Conversely, some people exhibit symptoms of dementia all day which grow worse in the late afternoon and evening, while others may exhibit no symptoms at all until the sun goes down.

Sundowner’s Syndrome largely remains a mystery to medical science, although there are several theories about why these symptoms begin at night. More and more studies are being conducted to try to determine the exact cause."

As I recall, back in the days our Sundowners Syndromes had a lot to do with Kukri. Or maybe I'm getting confused.

Mike

Re: Sundowners Syndrome

SIMON ARMS
Sundowners Syndrome... now let me think about this... no I think I may pass on this one.
I am currently in Bundanoon NSW with pax from P39 the last overland I did. The scene is one of laughter and respect, these people see the time they spent with Mike and myself (and Merv ) as a critical turning point in their life experiences. They mesh together with respect and although they meet often, they are thrilled at the moment to be together. It seems from my vantage point over port and coffee that they have been successful in life and have a genuine interest in each others lives.
I have requested photos and stories be posted asap and we will see what happens. There are only passengers here and they have been very nice to my wife.
They talk glowingly of the Titanic and therefore will be for ever in my good books.

Re: Sundowners Syndrome

Mike McDermott
Titanians rule, OK?

Great post, Simon; I look forward to the photos and stories.