P22Bus Titanic Katmandu London 1977

Andrew cole
Hi my name is Andrew Cole ......Iwas on this trip The crew was Simon arms Phil tulk and mike.I was having a trip down memory lane and found this site,time has gone fast since 1977.Some of the names of passengers Iremember Jill Digby Patty Bates Bill KenedyTony Hyde Mark Lathlean.

Re: P22Bus Titanic Katmandu London 1977

Mike McDermott
Hi Andrew,

Great to hear from you again! I remember all of those, and others besides.

How have you been?

Mike McDermott

PS I'm on about my fifth validation code, trying to post this. WTF!!!

Re: P22Bus Titanic Katmandu London 1977

Andrew cole
Great to touch base amazing after all these years.I remember seaing you and jill digby at Sydney airport ready to board Thaiairways bound for singapor,very exciting.We had a couple of reunions in Melbourne in the eighties the same girl ran them at her house,Ifeel bad I cant think of her name.Sounds like you did a lot more tours after that.I stayed in England for a few months spending more than I was earning,so I backpacked down to Turkey then flew to Kabul with Iran air,a bit nervous without the titanic crew but you blokes showed how much easier it was to cross borders with a gift of western smokes,then on Pakistan India Nepal.Went and got a trekking permit and did Annapurnas wrong cloths wrong pack what did I knowNot many people back then.The titanictrip was amazing value for what we did,I think it was $1400 flights train trip in Egypt! Ithought of another name Kate Sapstead English.See you laterAndy.

Re: P22Bus Titanic Katmandu London 1977

Mike McDermott
Hi Andy,

Good on you, going back to those places! Yes, I did several more overlands after that.

> Kate Sapstead

Yes, I remember her. In fact I haven't forgot many from any overlands; my problem is remembering which person was on which trip.

I recall Lilija Razma Rozensteins, who had some difficulty getting an Iraqi visa for some reason. I also remember Cordelia Atkinson, who had to leave the trip because of a family bereavement, and her friend Fran, a Canadian.

However, while I remember you quite well, but can't remember the name of your main friend on the trip.

Speaking as you were of reunions; I just put myself down for the 40th anniversary of my first overland, P 13, which is being held out from Sydney next month. There's quite a few attending, even after so long!

All the Best,

Mike