Merry Christmas

kit carr
Since the reunion we have obviously all been exceptionally busy, or in the case of any of those participants who over exerted them selves, very tired.

However, the jolly red fatman is about to impose his shape shifting abilities on our chimneys again, so it is time to wish you all a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

Have a good one.

kit

Re: Merry Christmas

Darcy Waller
Thanks Kit, and may I add my Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013 to all.
Cheers
Darcy

Re: Merry Christmas

My lack of correspondence might be considered a lack of interest. I have been busy trying to run my business, without much success. On the other hand I have also been busy editing Ron's photos. Ron sent me about 1200 photos, most of which require some "Photo Shopping". Once finished there are some great pics amongst them. Then there is the time to post them. I may do this over a couple of months as they heavily eat into my upload/ download per month. So you all can hang out for those to appear.

I had my best present for the year back in October. The reunion was a real heart warmer, as many would agree.

On the door step of Xmas I wish all readers of this forum nothing but the best for the festive season. Well may you enjoy and appreciate the company of your family. For those that lost a love one it will be a time to remember the good times with them.

Wow! It seems only 6 months since the last time we sent out Xmas wishes.

Have fun, love, live, laugh and above all stay safe.

Re: Merry Christmas

Mike McDermott
Thanks, Vicar - for this forum and your wishes.

My same to all, without necessarily being confined to safe.

Have a ball,

Mike

Re: Merry Christmas

Chop
CHEERS TO ALL have a merry christmas and a happy new year where ever you are

someone looking for "Chop"

Simon Maddison
Hi Chop
We recently had some communication from an ex-Sundowners client looking to get back in touch with a leader known as 'Chop" - i hope its you
best regards

Simon

Hello thanks for your reply .
The main reason I enquired was because the recent movie "Argo" was set in the same time we were in that
area, and brought back a lot of memories.
 In fact, our Sundowners group got to Quetta in Pakistan, just 1 day from the Iran border, when the Carter
rescue attempt of the American hostages took place (around April 1980). Our leader got word from
management that we would have to travel back to Karachi and fly to Greece. The bus driver was to do a heroic
solo drive of the bus and to meet the group in Athens, which he did.
Myself and 4 others left the group and went through on the public buses, meeting the group in Turkey. We
must have been crazy but happily lived to tell the tale! I'd love to track those 4 down. Anyway, will check
out the Facebook page.
If you've got any records of past group leaders or any management with long memories, the nickname
of our leader was "Chop"

Tony Faulkner

Sent: Monday, 7 January 2013 7:06 AM
To: Sundowners Travel
Subject: Sundowners Overland General Enquiry, sent from: United States

General Enquiry,

Mr Anthony Faulkner enquiry:
Hello there,
I took a Sundowner  trip way back in 1980, Nepal to London. I'm trying to find a few of the people i traveled with and was wondering if you might still have a list of who was on our group. We departed Kathmandu Feb or March 1980. My friend Mark Haskett was on it. My name is Anthony (Tony) Faulkner.
Hope to hear from you!!

Preferred method of contact is anthony_23faulk@yahoo.com.

Re: someone looking for "Chop"

Chop
Chop here, you have got me, i still have all my logbooks at home, i will check them out tonight and be in touch via email