IT CAN BE A SMALL WORLD

SIMON ARMS

I recently turned 65 and some friends invited us over for dinner. During the evening they presented me with a book “Retire well and happy” by Ann Nelson and as the conversation was going on I flicked a few pages and arrived at a page with “Bucket List” as a heading and as I read on she said, “In 1977 I was in England and I took an overland tour with Capricorn Travel....” and it went on. Next day I read the book and found a mobile phone number so I rang her to find out which trip she had been on.
I caught her out having coffee and the conversation took some time to make a lot of sense but after she told me her driver was Simon and the courier was Phil I told her I was Simon and she then told me at that time she had short, brown curly hair and the penny dropped, we had been together for the 80 day/night duration. We exchanged pleasantries then the line was disconnected. I was relieved that she had a good time and could laugh about the memories.

Re: IT CAN BE A SMALL WORLD

Now at most times I consider myself to be a skeptic, my beliefs usually based on what I can see touch, feel or things that can be proven, beyond doubt. In cases like this one I am starting to think there is some other thing or force at work. Too many times, too many people and myself have had these coincidences. They talk about the odds of winning the lottery are 1 in so many millions, in Australia. What's the odds of meeting someone like you have and along the way you discover she was a passenger of yours?

Its crazy but it does give you a buzz when it happens. I wont go on about the connections I have made but Rocky's wife and I established a common connection just a few years ago. It happens.
Vicar