Having a clean out at home

kit carr

Re: Having a clean out at home

kit carr
where did the picture go Vicar?

Re: Having a clean out at home

Vicar
You might find this hard to believe but what? where? when? what?

From this side I don't know what you did or what you are after.

I usually recommend people posting pictures on the picture page leaving this more for the written word.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Colin Davidson
I totally agree with you Vicar. It's something I wouldn't dream of doing .LOL

Kit, I still have a box full of cassettes, not much good for anything any more except the dump. I still have a cassette box that I purchased in Kathmandu. It was a hand carved box, with Buddha on the front, it holds 40 cassettes. When I said Buddha, I wasn't refering to Gary Green.

Re: Having a clean out at home

kit Carr
I just followed your instructions mr vicar, and that's where it ended up. I was trying to post it on the pictures page.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Darcy
Gentlemen, some time ago a friend?of mine loaded my mp3 player with some great music, including 16
Frank Zappa  albums  and 2 from young Dweezel I have not yet listened to them all,  I have almost convinced myself that I am a fan of Frank,  although most listening time is fairly late at night after a beer or 2 and a  visit from Dr Jameson and ice, I am wondering if  I
should leave the ice out of the  Jameson, this may help me understand the complexing nature of Franks Lyrics. I understand this may be a difficult question to answer but your advice would be appreciated

Re: Having a clean out at home

kit carr
Darcy,

I understand that Ice has a different meaning in Australia than in NZ, and on that basis I think you should avoid it. Mixing drugs and alcohol will do nothing for your Frank Zappa appreciation.

Part of the solution is probably in the choice of spirit, and may I respectfully suggest that Kukri may well be the soltion you are looking for. It may well be the solution that lots of people are looking for, but they just don't realise it yet.

In terms of understanding Frank's lyrics could I suggest that you start with "sexual harrasement in the workplace". It is an instrumental and therefore is uncomplicated by complicated lyrics. Everything from that point on is a gain :-)

Re: Having a clean out at home

Mike McDermott
Hi Colin,

>I still have a box full of cassettes, not much good for anything any more except the dump

From this week's Dick Smith catalogue: "Philips Sound machine AZ 1852: $99 - Save $30. Transfer music from CD, the FM Radio, or cassette onto a USB device. Plays MP3 CDs."

>I still have a cassette box that I purchased in Kathmandu. It was a hand carved box, with Buddha on the front, it holds 40 cassettes.

I have a 2-3 of those. They were very well carved, and worth keeping as boxes in their own right. I'll have tio have another look, but last time I looked years ago I couldn't see how to get the cassette frame out without damaging the box. Judging on how innovative they could be in keeping our coaches going though, I reckon some of our drivers would have that sussed.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Vicar
I would hate to look about your place. What haven't you got stored there?

Re: Having a clean out at home

Colin Davidson-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Having a clean out at home

Mike McDermott
Hi Colin,

Anne and I have a couple of carved boxes shaped like that stored away somewhere, but with Sarasvati carved on the front, not Buddha.

I also have one with double swing doors; I've forgotten what's carved on them. Dick gave it to me last time I visited him in Brissy.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Having a clean out at home

Mike McDermott
The double swing doors version has Shiva on one door and Ganesh on the other.

Re: Having a clean out at home

kit carr
The map book.

 I sure do have it still.

It has always been a favourite of mine. I love maps anyway,  andthere is so much info in that book even today.

Maps tell so much more than gps units do, but the gps is winning in common usage