Europe Is Good

Brendan Boyle
I enjoyed a couple at seasons in Europe with Sundowners and enjoyed the responsibility and freedom of being a courier. Free grog was a major bonus at that time of my life.
The last word when we left London from the office was, "If we don't hear from you we're happy, all must be going well."
I figured that this also meant I wouldn't hear from them so I wrote my mates back in Vancouver and offered a free tour of Europe to anyone who would come along. Being in their mid 20s, most of them were getting on with life and no one took me up on the offer.
However, my cousin, Colleen, who was in her early 20s and studying in Paris was interested. So we picked her up there and I explained that there was no accommodation booked for her at the hotels so she would have to bunk in with me when we weren't tenting.

As luck would have it, it was a tour booked for 34 passengers but only 33 showed up so she fitted into the vacant spot and was never a worry. I never heard from that passenger.
I became a bit of a big brother and kept warning her not to get up to any slap and tickle while on tour so may have cramped her style a bit but all worked out well.

I always wondered if anyone else found the chance to share a tour. I thought it would have been quite common. Always felt sad that none of my mates in Vancouver could drag themselves away for a three week party.

Re: Europe Is Good

John Lovell
Hi matey...are you still living in Vancourer ? I've been here since 1986. We did the training trip together...with Monica. My email is johnclovell717@gmail.com