Delhi Hotel

silver
Hey guys ,,,,the memory is a bit vague these days I can't remember the hotel we used to stay in New Delhi ,,heading back there in Dec for a 4 week trip ,,,,hope to call in for a beer or two.
Thanks in anticipation
SILVER

Re: Delhi Hotel

Mike McDermott
Hi Silver.

The Ranjit is still going. I wonder if Jimmy the Jain is still there? If so, please give him my very best.

Mike

Re: Delhi Hotel

Mike McDermott
It may seem unlikely that Jimmy is after all this time, but I think that Eugene Pram is still going strong, so maybe Jimmy is too.

Re: Delhi Hotel

Colin Davidson
I was just talking to Colin Slark, and he told me Jimmy Jain  the Jeweller passed away a while ago. I had a look at the Ranjit Hotel online, I wouldn't have recognised it. They must have done it up for the Commonwealth games.

Re: Delhi Hotel

kit carr
The nice wide shady streets are full of dust according to one of my ex passengers.

Captain Vohra has probaly left us, but Eugene Pram is still around.

Jaiwal Hotel in Agra is still there, I looked it up yesterday. Still cheap. Fresh Geckos.

Re: Delhi Hotel

Mike McDermott
I had an idea that Captain Vohra died while I was still going to New Delhi. Maybe I was looking for him when I was working for Explore. I certainly found him hard to replace after he retired.

"The Good Lord giveth, the Gaylord taketh away".

Colin, I hadn't heard that Jimmy had passed away too, so thanks for letting me know. He provided the wedding rings for Anne and me when we were married there, so it's sad news for us, but I still would rather know than not.

Re: Delhi Hotel

SIMON ARMS
Mike, I am concerned about your quote of Captain Vohra, you make it sound like the Lord is Gay ???
I have in my mind it was more like "what the good Lord giveth,..... Gaylords takes away"
Regards   Simon

Re: Delhi Hotel

Mike McDermott
;-)

Simon, I am pretty sure that Captain Vohra was not the kind of person that would make any such accusation against the good Lord.

In fact, I have just imagined the look of shock and horror the old gentleman would have had at the very idea.

So let's go with your version ...

All the Best,

Mike