Dave (Clap) Yearly

kit carr
Dave was hospitalised with an anurism yesterday.

Our thoughts are with Dave and Yvonne right now.

kit

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Vicar
Come on Clap there are still a couple of tours you need to courier for. All the best to you and Yvonne.

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Maurie Garton
Hang in there Clap
Kind Regards
Maurie & Jill

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Colin Davidson(Shirley)
Below is an update from Meg Norris on the Sundowners Facebook Page.

Meg Norris
5 hrs

Dave continues to hold his own. He's talking and is able to move his arms and legs, although he's being kept very quiet with only family to visit. He's expected to remain in hospital for a few more weeks yet.

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Robyn Reid
Wonderful news.

Tell Dave (Clap) that is a hell of a way to avoid a reunion gathering in Sydney. 38 years CO32 trip.  We will toast you and send pics of event.  Get better quickly, best wishes, Robyn.

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Colin Davidson
Meg Norris
1 hr

Latest update on Dave: it was his birthday yesterday! He's still receiving morphine for the horrendous headache which the doctors say will take some time to go away, and he has to stay quiet and calm for some time yet. The scans aren't showing anything dreadful but he'll remain in hospital for some weeks yet. When he's awake, he's lucid but bored. Yvonne and Dave send everyone their thanks for all your concern and good wishes for them both.

Re: Dave (Clap) Yearly

Colin Davidson(Shirley)
eg Norris
1 hr

We visited Dave Yearley in hospital last night, and he’s looking tired but is clearly on the mend. The head ‘brain’ honchos have told him that he’s a very lucky man as they expect him to make a full recovery. The scans are now clear enough to see that it wasn’t an aneurism but a simple burst blood vessel in the centre of the brain which has caused all the pain and angst. Dave’s been told that this isn’t age related, and can happen spontaneously to anyone of any age. He won’t need surgery. His headache is slowly lessening, and he should be home in a few weeks. He’ll have to have someone with him all the time for the first month or so, and he won’t be able to drive for a few months. Otherwise, things are looking up! Especially after watching the NZ/Australia match with him last night. He was smiling when we left!