Christmas

kit carr
Merry Christmas to all of the old "Sundowners".

Don't let an excess of alcohol cause an influx of memories about a past that we all enjoyed, but cannot be repeated and should not be exaggerated no matter how much Christmas cheer you enjoy.
Have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.

I look forward to the reunion next year when we can talk shit freely :-)

kit

Re: Christmas

SIMON ARMS
Well put Kit. Merry Christmas to everybody. Looking forward to the reunion.
Simon

Re: Christmas

Sundowners (and others) rejoice.
Thank you for your participation in this web site, especially those that contributed. To all readers I wish you a very happy Christmas and an outstanding New Year.
Dare I say it that this Christmas break might be your golden opportunity to find your old photographs and either post them yourself or send them to me to do that for you.
Those that passed on their photos or added to the ‘Forum’ thank you and I am sure our numbers will grow as others become aware of the web’s existence.
For all the drinking and also the driving we used to do I encourage you not to mix the two together during the festive season or any other time.
Ho! Ho! Ho!Merry Xmas This is my latest gig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YrcsppZOI&feature=youtu.be

Re: Christmas

Johnno
Thought I recognized those eyes. It was someone I once knew and trusted but now I know he's not really who he says he is. He is not the Vicar he is Graham! Scaring all the children at Christmas.
 How did the knees hold up? I will leave you out a drink (3 bottles of wine, wasn't it) on Christmas eve.

Once again Vicar thank you for the tremendous effort you put in to bring the website to fruition and may 2012 bring your two kness, no pain please.

To all those old Sundowners who appeared this year like Clint Eastwood riding into town in a spaghetti western movie I look forward to catching up with you in the saloon at The Greenmount hotel in October pretending we are all young again and suffering accordingly afterwards.

In the meantime have a safe and happy festive season to all and good health for yourself and your families until we meet again in 2012.

Johnno

Re: Christmas

Mike McDermott
Hi Kit,

>should not be exaggerated no matter how much Christmas cheer you enjoy.

Since when?

Tom and Jeanie Sawyer have invited to drop around to their place at Xmas. I fully intend to exaggerate even more than the fishos do here in Darwin: "I swear, that Pathan's rifle was THAT long!"

We will raise a glass or two to the days on the road.

Mike: Now, how many overlands did I do? Was it 8? Nah, must've been 20

Tom: 20? Is that all? I did 30!!

I will bring around my bottle of Drambuie, and will exaggerate more with every glassful.

So, Merry Christmas to you Kit, to all the old Sundowners, and especially ...

TO ALL THE OLD CAPRICORNERS!!

Mike