Camping Seven Hills

Vicar
Then there was the time when we had travelled from Florence to Rome with a blown turbo. Not too many kilometres after leaving Florence a haze of smoke started to follow the coach and it was a 50/50 split as to whether it used more oil or diesel for the trip. As we made our way I was sure the local constabulary would stop our progress. Since we were schedule a 3 night stop in Rome I pressed on.

Once at the camp site I got Tony to direct me to a mechanic. The next morning I took the vehicle into the said place and it was when it was ready to be collected that the excitement begun. Tony invited me into his Porsche to deliver me to the mechanic’s. We take off reasonably smartly out of the grounds and along a minor road. After a couple of turns we are approaching the turn we needed which was looming up on our left. As we trail a car that was nearing the turn Tony pulls to the outside of the road, leveling alongside the other car I thought Tony was going another way. Next Tony plants his foot to the floor and we are racing but what about the turn? Just in front of the other vehicle Tony hits the brakes and pulls down hard on the steering wheel; we are in the right road and still on 4 wheels.

I did know that Tony had done some rally driving in his days but I did not know a regular street car could do that. The coach was back at the camp and my underwear in the wash.

Re: Camping Seven Hills

Colin Davidson
Vicar,

I think Syd - 10% bought that Porsche from Tony.