CHOP who changed to JAMES LOY

James Loy (Chop)
Hi Everyone,

I don't want to make this too long a post.
Started with a Sundowners Overland trip out of Kathmandu on 22nd March 1977. It was an Alexander don't remember the number, Tommy Broomfield was the driver and Bruce Faraday the courier.
Stayed around London for a while, drank too much crook beer at the Kings Head, got a job with Accountancy Placements, then took on a 6 month contract job at Swansea in Wales, did a Sundowners trip to the running of the bulls at Pamploma (actually ran with the Bulls on the 7/7/77)
Early 1978 I did a Training trip as a courier on a normal trip with Dave Yearly, my old mate Clap approved me and I did my first 9 week European trip with Eric(Ekka)Black (we still keep in touch and Ekka I did legitimately win "The Scoring Shirt" on that trip).I worked with Sundowners till end of 1981 season. Then i went to Kirchberg Austria to work in the Londoner Pub at Kirchberg, Kitzbuhel and St Johann over the seasons of 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1984. During that time I had 6 months driving around the states with Leo( Luigi)Daly, that was 1983 as we attended the America's Cup in Newport Rhode Island which Australia won on my birthday 26th September 1983.
Returned to australia mid 1984 and got into a business venture in Coffs Harbour that Tom(Turbo)O'Shea and his wife owned. Got a job as a Sales Rep with a wine company in 1987 and spent 18 years flogging wine around the countryside, ended up as QLD Sales Manager and settled on Bribie Island in 1998.
Was made redundant from the wine industry in 2005 and started selling Real Estate on Bribie Island in early 2006 and luckily enough I've been reasonably successful at it.
I always tell people how I travelled around the world as a young person for 8 years, then decided Australia was the best country to live in, then I set about finding the best place in Australia to live, tried Yamba, Coffs Harbour, Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour again, Ballina, Canberra and discovered Bribie Island in 1994 and settled in the best place in the world in 1998. Now who ever wants to live on Bribie can come and buy a house from me.
Good Luck to all, hope to see you in sunny Queensland in October 2012
Cheers Chop