Al 178

Vicar
Well what a weekend. Through the wonders of cyber connections I was able to attend a 35 year reunion of AL 178. AL 178 was a trip run for a Christian Youth Group which was a great experience at the time and even more delightful to relive. The core of the group meet each year and every 5 years they have a major get-together. Timing is everything and so I was able to join for the first time this weekend.

All in all there were 18 of us originals, not bad out of a total of 30. Tucked away in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales the weather was very kind. The organizers selected a retreat for just our group which was close enough to visit a winery or two.

If the food and general interaction wasn't able to make for a good time then the funny entertainment completed the experience.

Staggering was the ability to recognize most at first glance, not something they could do with me. Many asked were was my long hair and beard they were accustomed to. Crikey! At this stage I am lucky to have any hair which I have been able to carefully spread out and change to a silver colour.

For those that were there I thank them all and for those that have not had a reunion for 35 plus years I recommend it.

Re: Al 178

Robyn
Still smiling about last weekend (35th reunion of AL178) - good memories and much laughter. Now headed towards the 40th! Precious friendships that began between strangers and have endured the ups and downs of life are to be cherished. Thanks to technology Helen tracked down Vicar - and he remembered us - faces and names. And he brought the Day Book! Good times. Thanks Vicar - you made the weekend special.
Robyn